So maybe I’m thick and didn’t get parts of it, but the Lost finale was one hell of a let down, to say the least!
Jack’s dead, but that can’t be what the entire thing is about. To say they all meet there, cosy and getting ready for the next life, seems a bit well, childish. Here’s just one or two of my questions, I’m sure I’ve missed some out.
- If they’re dead, and sharing a pre-afterlife waiting for Jack, what was the purpose of the island? For that matter, what was all the pre-amble in the pre-afterlife? If they’re all dead anyway, why not just suddenly appear there?
- What was the light?
- What was Dharma Initiative there for?
- If it’s so fabulous in the afterlife, doesn’t say much for most religions in the world right now if Said, the sadistic murdering torturer gets a nice happy afterlife with his bird of choice, does it now?
- What was the purpose of moving the island?
- Jacob’s brother, what happened to him? In fact, what -WAS- Jacob’s brother?
How terribly frustrating after all this time. I feel so disillusioned. And yet, at the same time, I know they’re working on another series, and I’m already thinking of watching it …